Monday, July 26, 2010

Week 3 Post 3

The Truth is that Truth Lies

The narrator in this video speaks of human beings having a mandatory intuition to create God even if he doesn't exist. This particular statement stood out to me because it was addressed in the first lecture as well. Here it is presented as an idea by Voltaire, but in the lecture, it is stated as a scientific fact that there is something in our brains that makes us create religion.

Maybe that same thing in our brains that makes us create religion, is the same thing that makes Dr. Edward Wilson of Harvard feel so good about being good. That may be where we are hard wired to do good acts. They could be the same thing manifesting themselves in different ways. This is not me questioning my faith, I still stand by Jesus Christ and God, this is merely me acknowledging that there may be another side to this story. It is a very interesting thing to possibly look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment