Monday, July 26, 2010

Week 3 Post 2

Richard Dawkins

I found this lecture very enjoyable. I like Dawkins approach to science in saying how "queer" it is, because I agree with him. By far my favorite part was the part about the general who thought that he could master walking through walls. I loved how personal he was especially when he talked about reading the article in playboy because he himself had something in playboy. Overall, the lecture was the most enjoyable twenty odd minutes of science that I have ever experienced.

On a philosophical level, I really liked his explanation of atoms being mostly empty space. The metaphor really put it into perspective when he compared the atoms to small masses in different stadiums. It really makes a person think about how much of this world is nothingness. He put things into perspective for me from a biological standpoint, and he found an enjoyable way to do it. So far, this has been my favorite lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment