Thursday, July 22, 2010

week 1 post 3

Magazine post: God magazine
For this assignment I choose to read the God magazine. I thought that it would be a dismemberment of the Christian faith, and as a Christian I thought I would be offended by the things mentioned in this magazine. But, this magazine was more about political murder then it was about the existence and following of any god. In this particular portion though, I think there is only a slight difference.

Religion and politics are very different, but I can see the conclusions being drawn from this particular magazine. Both compare higher powers that their followers believe in with great faith. And both examples show that this higher power is viewed as a savior, but is also a killer. Personally, I feel that nothing can come without loss. The people that died because of medicinal marijuana are not to be forgotten, but I believe that they have been murdered by an imperfect system that cannot be perfected. As for me, I will continue with my faith in god as cruel but just, and I will do my best to remain on my God’s good side, and know that as long as I do that, if I should be a casualty as a result of his wrath I can be confident in knowing I will spend eternity in his kingdom. As for my government, there is no eternal resting place. That is the primary difference here.

No comments:

Post a Comment