Friday, July 23, 2010

Week 1 Post 10

Will Artificial Intelligence ever surpass Human intelligence?

For this particular question I am most inclined to agree with Dr. Dreyfus of UC Berkley. I do not think that Artificial Intelligence will ever surpass human intelligence in most ways. However, artificial intelligence allows us to further our intelligence because it can access information much quicker than the human mind. In a way, it supplements the human intelligence making it even stronger. I hope that it will always be impossible for artificial intelligence to equal or surpass human intelligence. I also believe that it will be difficult for artificial intelligence to equal human intelligence because humans are the ones that create artificial intelligence.

I also think that this question brings about a much more important moral question. If the technology does become available to duplicate the human brain, and the human heart in a sort of biological robot is it ethical to do so. I hope that it never becomes ethical because then we will truly lose what it means to be a human being. If biological robots can be created, then where does the cycle end? I believe that it will end in a sort of Armageddon. There is a story that was originally written in Spanish that speaks of the end of the human race. It says that human being were just outnumbered by the vast amounts of robots, and they eventually made human beings the subordinates. I am not making a prediction, I am merely posing the question, Where does it end?

No comments:

Post a Comment