Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 1 Post 4

Video 2
I am generally open minded when it comes to philosophy. I like to see all points of view and then come up with my own unique philosophy on things. Although my answers are not always the best, and are not always complete, my views are purely my own even if they follow the same basic principles as another philosopher. The same thing goes for history, I am a historian by nature, and I take in the considerations of other historians, but in the end my theories are my own.

That is why I did not like this video. I do not like how Pythagoras tries to relate everything back to math. There are many things in this universe that can be quantified through math. But then there are those things which cannot be quantified, and I hope that they will never be able to be quantified. I hope that the technology never exists to quantify the thoughts of the human mind. Those should always remain unquantified and private.

No comments:

Post a Comment