Friday, August 6, 2010

Week 6 Post 2

The Cerebral Wave

This was a very interesting magazine. It was by far my favorite. I think it speaks to religious tolerance. It is about men in a coffee house who all have different beliefs. They begin to fight over who's god is the best and who has the best religion. In the end, it is a Confucius man who speaks up and tells the story of the sun. The idea is that no one god is any better than another, because it is ignorant to believe that one was better than another.

While I will always believe that my God is the one true God, I also believe in religious tolerance. I understand that there is no winning a religious debate. If I believe one thing and you believe another, that is an argument that cannot be won. It doesn't matter what two people are fighting, if they have different beliefs and they truly believe them, there is no persuading them to change. They will always think that you are wrong and they are right. Until there is physical proof that there is or is not a god, there will be no mass conversions.

No comments:

Post a Comment