Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 4 Post 4

The Voyage Within

I found this magazine rather enjoyable. I thought it was a bit of a trip. For someone who has never taken a hallucinogen or any kind of illegal substance, it was kind of a good insight into that frame of mind. It was cool to me that this kind of experiment could exist. The idea of a researcher getting people to use drugs for science was really cool. I like how the researcher had a problem and went so far to find the answer and yet it was so simple.

What I found to be most interesting is how people saw the same images. After the lecture about neural darwinism I would have figured that to never be possible. I would figure that because of the differences in neurons there would be some variations in the hallucinations. It is amazing to me that two clones can figure their way through a maze in an entirely unique way and yet this group of people all had the same hallucination on different drugs. I am perplexed at the human mind and there is still much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment