Friday, August 6, 2010

Week 5 Post 3

What would Errol Do?

I was not able to find this magazine on the website so instead I would like to make a proposal. I would like to propose that the msac magazine website be reorganized. It has been very difficult for me over the last six weeks to find the magazines that I was looking for. Several times I have had to go over the list at the bottom more then once just to go through and have to click on several different ones to try and find the one that I was looking for. There have even been a few occasions when I could not find the magazine that I was looking for at all. I hope that this is not just my problem.

I think that a better way to organize it would be one of two things. Either have the picture of the magazine be a link to the PDF file, or rename the PDF files to match the names of the magazines. I am not a technological genius, but I know that the professor Dr. Lane is very experienced. I think that the first option given was the better idea, because then you could just eliminate the links on the bottom of the page all together. I also understand that it may not be possible to do that. That is why I presented the alternative idea of renaming the PDF files to match the name of the magazine. They already are in alphabetical order which would make finding them an easy task. Dr. Lane comes off to me as a person who takes great pride in his websites and I have a feeling that he is going to do whatever it takes to make them as good as possible. This is just a suggestion for how to make the website even better then it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment